nas-thought-rap-was-over-when-2pac-and-biggie-smalls-passed-away
shes-wrong-for-this-mean-girl-pushes-her-brother-down-a-hill-in-his-toy-car
wow-look-at-what-these-three-fisherman-caught-out-of-the-ocean
listen-as-this-man-completely-butchers-drakes-take-care-on-the-subway
girl-passes-out-and-almost-breaks-her-back-after-getting-choked-out
kanye-west-talks-permanent-diamond-teeth-jay-z-and-being-a-spoiled-brat

Kanye West talks permanent diamond teeth, Jay-Z, and being a spoiled brat!

kanyewest3 Kanye West talks permanent diamond teeth, Jay Z, and being a spoiled brat!

Kanye speaks with Vanity Fair:

LISA ROBINSON: Looking back on last year’s MTV Awards, when you interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech—you said Beyoncé was robbed, and a lot of us agreed with you. How do you feel about it now?

KANYE WEST: Well, it was very punk rock and revolutionary and idealistic and very angry in a way. But the timing was in poor taste. And the other two things I’ve learned since then are humility and empathy—to be empathetic to other people’s feelings. To care about how much this must mean to someone else, and not to think that my ideals or my righteousness are more important than someone else’s feelings.

L.R. What did you want to do with your new album?

K.W. I wanted to take it back to the essence, like the soulful people who brought knowledge—like RZA and Q-Tip. At a certain point, you need to find a better way to do it; it’s like people [in basketball] who dunk and hurt their wrist and come down on their knees too hard. Your knee’s gonna give out at a certain point. Some of my social and public-persona knees are starting to give out. I still want to run the games. I’ve just got to not get kicked up quite as hard.

L.R. You also have an entirely new, elegant look; you told me you thought that the traditional hip-hop look was tired.

K.W. Yeah, people always dress like they’re headed to the gym.

L.R. Why did you have permanent diamonds drilled into your bottom teeth?

K.W. I just like diamond teeth and I didn’t feel like having to take them out all the time.

L.R. What do you think Jay-Z has done for you?

K.W. Man, everything—served as a big brother, the blueprint, our reality. Someone to look up to.

L.R. What do you think you’ve done for him?

K.W. Just served as a burst of energy at all times—light and energy. Just a person who’s constantly seeking information that Jay can use.

L.R. You’ve had a tough time since the death of your mother, in 2007. Even though you’re always in recording studios, this past year you retreated from the spotlight. How are you these days?

K.W. Extremely happy. And you know … people obviously know I lost my mother, and it was shocking. On one hand, I never really dealt with the loss, but in not dealing with the loss, I also didn’t completely deal with the responsibilities that my mother used to take. She was such an amazing, well-rounded person, and I was a spoiled brat.

L.R. You were?

K.W. Yeah, and my mom used to balance my spoiled-bratness by just being one of the most awesome people. She was a teacher, and to be a teacher you have to care about people—you can’t just care about yourself. I just cared about myself. I thought the fact that so many people in the world—a million in the first week [of a record release]—cared about me, that that was enough, but it’s not enough. The best thing I can do now is carry on my mother’s legacy. I need to recapture the hearts of the world just to show people how great my mother was, to show people that Donda raised a good guy. My responsibility is to make music that’s progressive, that makes me happy, that makes everyone happy. My job in society isn’t to be mad. My job is to present good music.

Looking kind of slim in that picture Kanye. Is he eating these days?

(5 votes, average: 5 out of 5, rated)

RevlonBabe101

October 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Such a good look.

At least he learned his lesson. Its great he mentioned his mom because I thought he never took in reality of his mom passing away. I never heard of him shedding 1 tear but this is great. Keep it up!

He does look a lil skinny though.. lol

Oh and I guess I say “FIRST” whatever that does lol

honey_brown_79

October 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM

yeah thats all great for Ye but ima need him to stop wearing womens clothes

topknotch

October 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM

of caurse he aint gone cry cuz its his fault he put that on her

October 12, 2010 at 2:12 PM

#3 what in the hell are you talking about. Put what on her? SMH

There is something different about him. I’ve noticed it since he resurfaced. It’s some grown man shit. And I effin love it.

He’s always been a slim dude. And Black is a slimming color. And the way those pants are cut…thats probably intentional. I like it. But then I admire fashion risk takers. That’s a nice pic of him. Something different in his face to.

dgeneral78

October 12, 2010 at 2:17 PM

AGREE WITH # 3 (blood for blood ) when you make deals with the devil sorry it had to cumm to that but you choose your own Destination in life.

PleasurePsWifey

October 12, 2010 at 3:07 PM

O MY FUCKIN GOD! YALL NEEED 2 THROW DAT DEVIL SHIT OUT DA WWINDOW GOT DAMNIT! JUS BE POSITIVE! ANY FUCKIN WAYS— i always luved Kanye, i think he is on his grown man ish 2day.

dgeneral78

October 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM

NUBER 6 YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY LIL MAMMA ,ITS REALLY BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW ANY BETTER YOURSELF DO YOUR RESEARCH . SEE YOU USED A CURSE WORD BEFORE GOD YOU NEED TO BE HELPED TOO. FIX YOURSELF THEN REPLY ON WHAT YOU FEEL IS NOT RITE

nspirin

October 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Kanye is a fruit of the highest caliber. C’mon wearing women’s blouses and sh*t. Any man that’s wearing womens clothing is not right in the head, and it’s far from stylish. And as far as his music goes, half if not 80% of his sh*t is sampled from old skool music. Can’t really call that original if someone else built the foundation.

I can never respect a man that starts a freestyle off …. ” I sold my soul to the devil, I know its a crappy deal, it came with a few toys like a happy meal.” , Seriously you gotta be kidding me.

mcbreezy

October 12, 2010 at 4:47 PM

@DGENERAL78, Oh so Kanye told you that? Exactly, so how do you know??? We listen to his music who gives a f**k about that devil s**t yall keep talkin, Go back to google and try to find some more information..

cookout

October 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM

He is one coon ass nigga.

cookout

October 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Koon!

October 12, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I see a little hip hop history is in order for you niggas. Cause some of the shit you just typed is ignorant as fuck!!

First hip hop song ever made was a Sample of Good Times by Chic. Rappers Delight. They didn’t change shit about the beat. NOTHING just rapped over it. Nigga thats how Hip Hop was built. Since the beginning of Hip Hop Time, producers have used samples. Name one rapper who has never rapped over a sampled beat and I will give you my first born child if you can….You can’t Nigga!!…thats what Hip Hop’s foundation was built on. So why shit on Kanye cause he is continuing a Hip Hop Tradition. SMH Your favorite rapper right now probably has more than one sample on his latest record.

Secondly, you niggas need to quit hollering that devil worshiping illuminati bullshit…I can’t even begin to tell you how stupid that shit sounds coming from us. Eminem rapped about Killing his wife, did that mean he was actually going to do it? You niggas is DUMB! Beyond Dumb

YungKiid

October 12, 2010 at 9:33 PM

L M A O this is 2 funny. Everybody is crying if somebody talks about a celebrity. Really 2 me Kanye is just another human being who tryin 2 get fame. 2 tell u the true u have 2 think about it, when u die the money & the fame don’t come with you so I don’t understand Y people get offense wen somebody talks about another celebrity. I mean its ur own opinion say what u want 2 say.

MISSBLACKBEAUTY21

October 12, 2010 at 10:59 PM

YEAH WHAT EVER DECISIONS KANYE MAKE IN HIS LIFE RATHER GOOD ARE BAD HE HAS TO ANSWER TO IT IN THE END NOT ME. THEIR IS DEFINANTLY ALOT OF TRUTH IN THIS WHOLE ILLUMINATI FIASCO HELL KANYE EVEN SAID IT OUT HIS OWN MOUTH! AND YOU KNOW HE BE SPITTING NOTHING BUT TRUTH.IF HE SAID IT OUT HIS OWN MOUTH THEN YOU KNOW ITS SOME TRUTH TO IT!THE NON BELIEVERS CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANNA SAY.BUT WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE DONT SAY YOU WAS’NT WARNED….BUT ANY WHO I STILL LOVE KANYE AS AN ARTIST.HE MAKES CLASSIC MUSIC!

HONESTLUV

October 13, 2010 at 4:37 AM

THANK GOD for maturity, but i have alwyas liked ye, so…
it is what it

IMJUSSAYIN

October 13, 2010 at 7:25 AM

STOP TALKING ABOUT HE WORSHIP THE DEVIL HOW YOU GOING TO FIX YOUR MOUTH AN SAY THAT DONT LISTEN TO THE HYPE MAN IF YOU WANT HIM TO JUST SAY YOU DO YOU MIGHT DO SO JUST GROW UP AND LISTEN TO HIS MUZIK AND ALL ABOUT WHAT IT SAYS

ShayLah23

October 13, 2010 at 9:42 AM

diamond teeth huh? smh.

nspirin

October 13, 2010 at 11:59 AM

It’s funny how when people attempt to “drop knowledge” or “give lessons” they speak from what they THINK to be right. Rappers Delight WAS NOT the 1st Hip-Hop song. The 1st Hip-Hop song ever RECORDED was King Tim III (Personality Jock) by the Fatback Band. It was actually released months before Rappers Delight. I guess that blows your so-called Hip-Hop lesson out the window.

As far as the Illuminati and the devil goes. You chose not to believe it if you want. But I can guarantee you it’s as real as the air you breath. But hey what do I know I’m just a dumb nigga right?

It’s called RESEARCH people try it and you might be amazed at some of the things you learn, if you pull your head out your arse and open your mind.

Naiii

October 13, 2010 at 9:46 PM

he has the devil in him.. DUH… about 70% of the world does that’s why its crap now….. because Y’ALL, yah i can actually say y’all now lol (got baptized), keep sinning shacking up having babies before your married, having sex before your married going off at the tongue, not going to church.. the list goes on and on…. and i don’t agree with this behavior at all, and when they say “hip hop is a lifestyle” it truly is because y’all sure make what y’all hear on the radio into a reality. Is this gonna change heeeeeckkkkk no, definitely not, because most of the time there isn’t any going back… Y’all all need help…. well MOST of y’all yah i might judge a little but like they say, i’m one step ahead of you. Do YOU know where you’ll end up tomorrow?

damodel513

October 14, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I LOVE YOU KANYE WEST!!! best rapper/producer in my book with common, & pharell shit yall the hottest in the mellow/ speak that truth/history hip hop… plus i can’t forget about andre 3000 and erka

shaeshae37

October 15, 2010 at 7:04 AM

4 sum reason Kenye annoy’s me..smh..lmbo @ #8..my hunnie jigga needs 2 have a long talk w him and tell em 2 sit his koo-koo but down!

Blakfist

October 20, 2010 at 2:13 PM

mmmm I like a fiest woman #12 can we make a baby:)

Blakfist

October 20, 2010 at 2:13 PM

mmmm I like a fiesty woman #12 can we make a baby:)