homeless-man-plays-the-piano-so-beautifully
old-man-embarrasses-a-young-cocky-boxer-in-the-ring
this-is-what-your-favorite-super-heroes-would-look-like-in-the-16th-century
jay-z-dresses-up-as-basquiat-for-halloween
2014-is-the-first-year-ever-with-zero-platinum-selling-albums
the-aaliyah-movie-will-be-taken-to-the-extreme

The Aaliyah movie will be taken to the extreme!

keshiachanteaaliyah 122208 The Aaliyah movie will be taken to the extreme!Aaliyah will be making her way to the BIG SCREEN for one last time…

It has been reported that Warner Brother Films will be creating the motion picture of the late singer and actress Aaliyah who died in a plane crash in 2001. Aaliyah sold more than 32 million albums worldwide before her career was cut short. The film will be a biopic of the singers life. Bill Condon, director of “DreamGirls” will be directing the film.

“We are going to great extremities to make this movie perfect. We have Chante in extensive training studying, speaking with family members, watching personal footage and in choreography training with Aaliyah’s choreographer and dear friend Fatima Robinson. This movie will be seamless the same way it was for Selena fans who enjoyed Jennifer Lopez. I can promise Aaliyah fans that this movie will be ten notches higher.”

A source for the film reveals that they “will be going very deep into Aaliyah’s life” and will allow fans to see the “most intimate side of Aaliyah’s legacy.” Sources say the script for the film ‘holds no bars’ and will go as far as touching on the subject of Aaliyah’s highly debated and publicized marriage and annulment to producer R.Kelly.

It has also been confirmed Aaliyah’s colleagues will be featured in the film. Her choreographer Fatima Robinson, Producer and friends, Timbaland, Missy Elliot, Ginuwine, even world renowed music video director Hype Williams will be apart of the film and help re-create the “Rock The Boat” video set which was the last video Aaliyah ever shot. The movie is tentative to start production end of March and is rumored to have a production budget of over 80 million dollars.
Source: Middle Child Promotions

Aaliyah will be played by Keshia Chante (pictured above, right).

Comment pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Its_DPP

January 26, 2009 at 5:32 AM

NAF

SKILZS3000

January 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM

wonder if this movie gunna be like notorious? are they gunna keep it real when it come to Aaliyah and R Kelly marriage? or are they gunna leaf a lot out and just focus on her music career?

Its_DPP

January 26, 2009 at 5:38 AM

thats wassup, im definitely checking this out when it drops

wougi04

January 26, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Awww she pretty. Can’t wait for it.

SC-King

January 26, 2009 at 6:46 AM

Was Notorious any good?

Bred601662

January 26, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Well if they’re actually acknowledging that she was married to R. Kelly this movie just might be better thatn Notorious. I sure hope so. I still might not be able to watch it. I’m too much of a softy to actually get through to the end of the movie, lol.Hell I cried at the end of Selena.

dreamerbre

January 26, 2009 at 7:30 AM

i wonder how its going to be… the girl looks kinda like her

January 26, 2009 at 7:50 AM

I’m going to be crying like a big ol sissy at the end of this movie. I still cry at the end of Selena and I wasn’t even a fan of hers and knew nothing about her until she was murdered. I’m glad the family is going to make sure her legacy is honored. I really don’t care about the R Kelly thing. She was a child she was the victim. I am curious as to what she was thinkin, but I really don’t need to know that bad

Bunz09

January 26, 2009 at 8:13 AM

i was thinking the same thing Skilz3000–that’s really what i wanna see is that Aaliyah and R. Kelly stuff foreal-foreal. I just wonder if R.Kelly will go on a rampage like Lil Kim did. 80 million dollars?! They could’ve used HALF of that money to hold the salaries of the people they just fired! No disrespect to Aaliyah’s movie, but DAMN!

Shay_so_sensual

January 26, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I am going to cry too and I still cry on Salena too. That Biggie movie was fake and boring to me. They had need some more work on it. I bet Aaliyah movie going to be good and i’m def. going to see it!!!

PMoney

January 26, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Aaliyah!! You know I’m going to see it Detroit all day!! Keshia Chanté playing her seems like a good fit also!!

-P Money
Add Me!!!

SKILZS3000

January 26, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I’m thinking right about now somebody is working on a 2 pac movie. you know pac movie would be the bomb fo sho knowing his mom was crackhead and all the drama pac had growing up even before he beacme famous.

CHRISSY16

January 26, 2009 at 9:24 AM

LoL @ Bred601662… I Cried When Selena Got Shot..I Covered My Eyes When Biggie Got Shot & Lawd I Dont Know What Imma Do To Aaliyah Plane Crash…Imma Softy Too…I Like Notorious…I Hope In Her Movie They Focus On The More Personal Side, Along With The Music Career.

Rstar718

January 26, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Why the best females had to leave before their time….
Aaliyah & Left Eye gone,Lil Kim and Solange still alive,WTMF!!
I’ll still see it even if its a dud
Its “AALIYAH”,nuff said

CHISM-412

January 26, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I want 2 see who will play Dame Dash big ego trippin Ass!!!???!!!????

Austin

January 26, 2009 at 10:24 AM

ROTMFFLMMFAO @ R* !!!! Sad but HELLA true!!!

thq95348

January 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I am a huge fan so gotta support it..and as for pac movies there are about 2 or 3 already boi boi they were kinda weak 2…

MetriMane

January 26, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Mane im glad ppl rememberin aaliyah but damn wats next a left eye movie, proof, big pun & prob anotha tupac movie lol. Folks is dick riders these days hoppin on wateva is big at the time.

Sweet_shann4u

January 26, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Not only do I want to see her and the r. kelly but I also want to kno if they are goin to put Dame Dash in the movie as well she was seein him for a long while before she died….all in all I want to see this movie

IMTHECOOL1

January 26, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Aaliya was so beautiful and very talented. She had a huge fan base therefore her movie should be good.

NARZHIO

January 26, 2009 at 1:12 PM

CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THIS ONE.NOTORIOUS WAS A GOOD MOVIE,BUT I HOPE THIS ONE WILL BE BETTER AND NOT LEAVE OUT ALOT OF SH1T.R.I.P AALIYAH!!!!

strawberricrush

January 26, 2009 at 1:28 PM

oh snap here come the hip hop movie making epidemic keisha cole suppose to be comin out with a movie as well ,,,dont no if i would like to see this or not depends on what the previews lookin like

check out my blogs

HONEYBLONDE35

January 26, 2009 at 4:59 PM

DATS WATS UP ( SMILE ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maliyah2002

January 26, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I am truly pleased. Aaliyah have always been my favorite R&B artist since I was young and I’m really looking forward to the movie. I’m glad Keisha Chante’ got the part but, I would have voted foe Amerie because She already has black hair and a physique like Aaliyah, oh and yes, she’s already black. So, I don’t know, that’s just my opinion. Anyone 2nd that???

maliyah2002

January 26, 2009 at 7:07 PM

And Skilz3000, I do feel you on that 2pac movie, that should have came out before Biggie’s movie if u ask me. That F N movie had too many discrepancies.

Comment page: [1] 2 » Show All