man-forgets-his-girlfriend-is-riding-on-the-back-of-his-motorcycle
too-funny-scare-prank-goes-better-than-expected
adolf-hitler-really-survived-after-wwii-according-to-fbi-documents
chris-brown-feat-lil-wayne-tyga-loyal-music-video
nick-cannon-reminds-us-that-he-had-sex-with-kim-kardashian-and-others
jay-z-speaks-on-rumors-of-leaving-def-jam

Jay-Z speaks on rumors of leaving Def Jam

jay z 121107 Jay Z speaks on rumors of leaving Def JamJay-Z recently spoke upon the rumors of him bouncing from Def Jam:

It’s December now. How are you feeling about your contract at Def Jam? That’s coming up soon.
Jay-Z: You know, it’s active. We’ll see how it turns out. I mean, we’re close. So we’ll know in the next couple of weeks how it turns out.

The New York Daily News said last week that talks were stalling because you made some big demands. Is there any truth to that?
Jay-Z: No.

So from your perspective, do you think you’ll be at Def Jam next year?
Jay-Z: Yeah, I think – I don’t know. Let me not even say that. I don’t know. We’ll see how it goes. But seriously, it’s not about money. That’s really the last thing. Of course, as a person that does these type of things and puts his heart and soul into it – and it’s effective, as the Grammys would indicate – you want to be compensated for what you do. But it’s really not about money. It’s really about the future of the music business, and not wasting anyone’s time. I don’t ever want to sit in a seat just to sit in a seat. I could be off doing something else that’s beneficial to the future of the music business as well as myself. So it’s not about money! I mean, you couldn’t pay me enough. And I don’t mean that in a cocky way.

So there you have it! Jay-Z not only answers the rumors but leaves the interview with no FINAL decision on whether he plans on staying at Def Jam after his contract is up. It just might be best if he parts ways and went back to producing artists under his Rocafella brand name. It’s about time the Roc-la-familia family gets reconstructed. Those were my last memorable days of real competition in Hip Hop.

(No Ratings Yet)

Mr.Ravage

December 11, 2007 at 11:18 AM

I hope he leaves because he’s a great artist but as a president!???!?!

HE SUCKSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dame should have gotten the position first! Dame was always the brains of the operation!

mariette Acocellaris

December 11, 2007 at 12:00 PM

As a white woman in America, I find this offensive.

Randal Hughes

December 11, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Were Do White People Have Time To Find Shit Offensive

Mr.Ravage

December 11, 2007 at 1:11 PM

WTF are you talking about what did I say that was so freaking offensive?? give me an F-ing break? Do you know about business and running a company? If not STFU.

He has run Def Jam into the damn ground when they was a great contender. Shoot universal got more acts performing than they do!!!

RBSIZZLE

December 11, 2007 at 1:26 PM

“Were Do White People Have Time To Find Shit Offensive”
LMFAO!!!

Mr.Ravage

December 11, 2007 at 1:48 PM

I know right RBsizzle. crazy.

t-eazy

December 11, 2007 at 2:42 PM

yea 4real das funny wat did he say wrong

she mack

December 11, 2007 at 3:55 PM

why are u even on the rundown dude!? go count daddy’s money..

keena James

December 11, 2007 at 6:49 PM

gone head jay with ya bad ass..hold the black people down..white folkz always wanna take over shit..you would be surprised what big name magazines that are marketed to the urban public are run by white people.

Sakuii

December 12, 2007 at 9:47 AM

“Were Do White People Have Time To Find Shit Offensive”
LMFAO AHAHAHAHAH!!!

Maybe people are people

December 13, 2007 at 4:13 AM

@ KEENA JAMES: “you would be surprised what big name magazines that are marketed to the urban public are run by white people.” Maybe it wouldn’t matter. At first, I thought this site was run by a white person, although one can’t tell from looking at people and there is no reason to try. I was incorrect but, if it were, I would not be surprised and I wouldn’t think it was negative. Urban things aren’t exclusive to minorities.