rare-footage-of-the-jacksons-recording-jump-for-joy-in-1977
the-power-of-genetics-these-family-portraits-will-completely-blow-your-mind
check-out-this-amazing-4-year-old-boy-preaching-at-church
this-fedex-driver-is-having-a-really-rough-day
this-puppy-doesnt-want-to-go-to-bed
wyclef-steals-105000-from-yele-haiti-and-gives-it-to-his-mistress

Wyclef steals $105,000 from Yéle Haiti and gives it to his mistress!?

wyclefyelehaiti Wyclef steals $105,000 from Yéle Haiti and gives it to his mistress!?

Wyclef Jean’s Yéle Haiti, a nonprofit organization that has delivered water and supplies to the earthquake-ravaged country, is under fire yet again for alleged misappropriation of funds.

Back in late January, shortly after the 7.0 earthquake hit, Yéle Haiti was criticized for spending money on production crews in previous years, and Jean himself was accused of using money from the organization for his personal use. Jean admitted mistakes in the past, but denied wrongdoing and said he’d never take money from the organization, during an emotional press conference.

On Thursday, March 11, The Smoking Gun printed Yéle Haiti’s 2009 tax return, showing that $105,000 was paid to Zakiya Khatou-Chevassus, a woman several sources say is the rapper’s mistress.

Khatou-Chevassus is currently listed on Yele’s web site as the organization’s vice president. But according to five sources familiar with Yele’s operations, in 2008 she served as Jean’s personal assistant–working on his commercial endeavors as well as his charitable ones–and was involved romantically with the former Fugees star.
“She worked for Wyclef on all Wyclef matters,” says one source who has worked with Jean in the past. “She did whatever Wyclef needed that day, whether it was related to Yele or not. She would do things like book flights, and she wasn’t very good at it. It’s a shame that she made that much money.” The source said Khatou-Chevassus’ salary amounted to more than three times what Suzie Sylvain, Yele Haiti’s dedicated program director who is credited by many Yele Haiti insiders with actually keeping the organization running, was paid.
Source

No Way!

mstif2u411

March 17, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Who ever reported this story is mad they aint get a piece!!!

AnnaMC

March 17, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I find it hard to believe he did it but if he did … not cool

Starr6

March 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I hope this isn’t true.

fauve

March 17, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Dang to his MISTRESS. Wow she must got some good good. I wonder what his wife is thinkingg now. Nude pictures cant touch this. Priceless.

ushouldbemyne

March 17, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Hmmm..Not sure I believe this here..

NOLAMES

March 17, 2010 at 2:21 PM

…SOMEONE PLEASE CALL 911…TELL THEM I JUST GOT SHOT DOWN…LMAO

teezee

March 17, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I honestly saw this coming… was jst wondering when?

Yotimati

March 17, 2010 at 2:46 PM

What up with this f*** pple, huh? jst let tha man be! trying to say Jean doesn’t have a common 100k in his own b-account or whAT?

Akeem777

March 17, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I personally believe it….. no smoke without fire & there’s been a hell of a lot of smoke about dodgy distribution of charity funds. He’s been accused of this before & if the tax return states that she’s been paid that money, that’s all the proof I need….. he done wrong, people donated to help the people of Haiti, he should pay the money back.

BigDrew

March 17, 2010 at 4:00 PM

All Lie and they need to stop all this lying !!!!!

March 17, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Okay before we dismiss Yele Haiti, and please don’t. Be aware that the program director has done a great deal to keep that organization operational. She wouldn’t have any knowledge of this for that very reason. That woman rightfully deserved that money if anyone did.

And I swear for God Wyclef, if this turns out to be true…I will never support anything you do ever again. I don’t like the thought of my money going to your mistress. I wasn’t donating it to support her trick ass.

FatmanElite

March 17, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Awwh damn. I hope this aint true…This is hurting many more people becuz now alot of ppl may right off the bat stop support yele haiti and haiti will not get as many funds to rebuild. And me (and other Haitians) personally donating and having family down there is worse. I hope the money wasn’t wasted

March 17, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Jean has again come to his defense, this time on Twitter. Some of his tweets from Monday, March 15, include:

•When Donkeys spread rumors about me I dont Respond cause I’m the master that leads them to the Well to drink the Water. Yele haiti 4 life!
•I have been spending money n my country since I was a Fugees! why is it now after the Quake I am being Excuse! They fear I’m gaining ground
•And don’t get it twisted! My Garage could fit half of the people on twitter why would I steal Charity Money! Your gotta come better den dat.

BLAHBLAH

March 17, 2010 at 10:17 PM

SMFH

GEORGIABOY

March 18, 2010 at 5:55 AM

LOL I BELIVE IT! GLAD HE DIDN’T GET MY MONEY!

Greed1988

March 18, 2010 at 8:17 AM

thats why i dont donate

4wayDee

March 18, 2010 at 5:34 PM

LIES!!!He been paid.y the fuck he need 2 steal charity money

GLIMMER

March 18, 2010 at 7:55 PM

you know how much i donate to this fucking organization, cant be true. My pay down the drain(well some of it).

blackisbeautiful88

March 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM

i hope this aint true…if that hoe got my money ima be pissed lmao

Timimi05

March 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Kisaaa ???? I’m haitian and we all find it hard to believe…. Wow if it’s true then he really sucks cuz we all trust on Wyclef