keep-it-strapped-nearly-2-million-americans-have-chlamydia
dumb-ass-man-tries-to-light-his-cigarette-with-a-bar-code-scanner
female-boxer-knocks-out-her-opponent-with-a-cold-upperhand-right-punch
husband-makes-the-most-important-shot-of-his-life
nfl-player-ray-rice-knocking-out-his-fiancee-in-a-elevator
quincy-jones-reveals-that-michael-jackson-didnt-want-to-be-black

Quincy Jones reveals that Michael Jackson didn’t want to be BLACK!

mikequincy 070209 Quincy Jones reveals that Michael Jackson didnt want to be BLACK!

Former friend, mentor and producer of the late Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones recently sat with Details Magazine for a controversial interview. In the interview, he details his love for Michael and speaks candidly about what he perceives as the tortured genius’ obsession with race and his poor self image.

Q: You were there to witness the strange evolution in Michael’s appearance. Did you ever step in and saying anything about it?
A: Oh, we talked about it all the time. But he’d come up with, “Man, I promise you I have this disease,” and so forth, and “I have a blister on my lungs,” and all that kind of b.s. It’s hard, because Michael’s a Virgo, man—he’s very set in his ways. You can’t talk him out of it. Chemical peels and all that stuff.

Q: But it must’ve been so disturbing to see Michael’s face turn into what it turned into.
A: It’s ridiculous, man! Chemical peels and all of it. And I don’t understand it. But he obviously didn’t want to be black.

Q: Is that what it was?
A: Well, what do you think? You see his kids?

Q: Did you ever discuss it? Did you ever ask, “Michael, don’t you want to be a black man?”
A: No, no, no, please. That’s not the way you do it.

Q: But he was beautiful before?
A: Man, he was the most gorgeous guy.

Q: But he seemed to have some deep-seated issue with how he looked?
A: Well, that comes about a certain way. I’m not sure how it happens. I’m just a musician and a record producer. I’m not a psychiatrist. I don’t understand all that stuff. We all got problems. But there’s a great book out called Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart. Did you see that? That book says the statute of limitations has expired on all childhood traumas. Get your stuff together and get on with your life, man. Stop whinin’ about what’s wrong, because everybody’s had a rough time, in one way or another.

Q: I’ve heard you say that you wanted Michael to sing “She’s Out of My Life,” the great pop ballad from Off the Wall, in part because you felt like he had to deal with reality.
A: I just wanted to hear him deal with a romantic relationship with a human being rather than a rat. I’m saying that facetiously, but it’s true. I saw him at the Oscars very emotional about “Ben.” I wanted to hear him get in touch with a real human relationship. “She’s Out of My Life” was written by Tommy Bahler from a very bad ending to a marriage. So it was very real. I was saving it for Sinatra. But I gave it to Michael. And Michael cried during every take, and I left the tears in.

That’s Deep…

Comment pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

ORenn

July 2, 2009 at 1:37 PM

How Quincy went from Im going to miss MJ and I love him… To saying bad things about MJ now??? That dude is crazy…. 1st

HubCityDre

July 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I dont think he is crazy, I think he is speaking the truth as he knows it. That’s how he felt. It doesnt mean he wont miss him.

ushouldbemyne

July 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Yea this doesnt mean that he’s not hurting over the loss of Mike. He just shared a little inside info thats all. Yea surely everyone knows that those children arent Michael’s biologically, but i would hate to think that he didnt want to be Black..man thats harsh.

mrscherelle29

July 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I know they were friends. How he even talk about him that way? A true friend would be there from the beginning to the end. Through, the good & the bad. They even let you know when you’re wrong.

G-ManV

July 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I see what y’all are sayin’ (lookin’ at the above comments), but at the same time u gotta hold your tongue in situations like that, and by situation I mean in the event of someone passing away. They started working together and they’ve known each other for how long now, and Q’s explaining Michael to the public like this NOW? Maybe it’s just me, but I highly doubt that if MJ was still alive rite now, Quincy wouldn’t have candidly put out Mike’s business like that. It is what it is tho….it’s just funny to me, that’s all.

-G

MyThreeTs

July 2, 2009 at 2:16 PM

And why are we all acting shocked? We already knew that the man didn’t want to be black so let’s start being real with ourselves. And he never actually SAID anything bad about him but it was infered. Anyway everything he said was thr truth so whatever… Real friends keep it real… If he would have been telling a bunch of bold faced lies then what?

GoldenPeach

July 2, 2009 at 2:28 PM

I agree G-MANV there is a time and a place for every comment and story, this one to me is not appropriate for this time!

Honestly it dont even sound like something Quincey would say, but who am i to judge!

DANIELLA

July 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM

im not sure if im feeling this quincy.

REAL100CERTIFIED

July 2, 2009 at 3:44 PM

@ Everyone dissing Quincy…why?

I have mad respect and I certify that Mike was the GREATEST to do it.
I certify that he will be missed.

I will not support anyone DISSING MIKE, but Quincy is CLEARLY NOT DISSING MIKE.

Quincy keeping it 100. Don’t get upset at Quincy for telling the truth.

Get upset at people or get disappointed with people that MOCK MIKE, accuse him of being a PEDOPHILE when he was found NOT GUILTY.

Don’t be disappointed with Quincy telling the truth.
(I guess the truth really hurts)

PurpLE

July 2, 2009 at 3:55 PM

MIKE WAS A GREAT ARTIST BUT HE WAS… SUMN ELSE.. IDK..

BUDDaHUNNii

July 2, 2009 at 3:57 PM

ii thiink he wans`t wronqq at aLL. dhaa truth iis dhaa truth. God bLess MichaeL`s souL but Let`s be reaL everybodii MichaeL disLiikedd tah be bLack and he touched LiiL boyss.

mschpz

July 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM

i dunn believe it

mschpz

July 2, 2009 at 4:48 PM

wheres the video of this???

MZKALI

July 2, 2009 at 5:15 PM

WHOS TO REALLY SAY THIS IS QUINCY TALKING..?

genocide01

July 2, 2009 at 5:47 PM

If Quincy did say this, and EVEN IF Michael did not want to be black; some skeletons just need to be left alone in the closet. Out of respect for the man, please, just let it be if you really are his friend.

deezuri

July 2, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Please, we have all held our tongues when it comes to friends. We don’t agree with everything they are doing, but we still stand by them. He is just speaking from the heart. That doesn’t mean he didn’t love his friend. He just didn’t didn’t understand alot of the bull that Micheal was obsessed about.

Millahdoowop

July 2, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Hmmm… I find this interesting. Especially since I saw a video of Mike talking about racism within the music industry and how he was proud to be a black man. Maybe Mike’s feelings changed over period of time. Who knows? But this is interesting…

Kac7589

July 2, 2009 at 8:27 PM

If this is even true…

Why would he say it NOW???…

The way the media is trying to destroy Mike’s legacy you would think Quincy would have enough common sense to leave that subject alone right now…

All he had to say was “No Comment” and thats keepin it real as can be…

Dynamit3D

July 2, 2009 at 9:38 PM

hes not saying what we dont already know ppl have joked about it and we have laughed at it but this here is real yes a shame but true i just hope that ppl learn from it love who u are nomatter what.

zionbaby

July 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM

why is everybody acting like michael is a god and you cant say nothing bad about him the true is the true.. do the math no blk kids and then his skin change white come on now….

rebellionharmony

July 3, 2009 at 4:23 AM

Agree wid ZionBaby!

Quincy like the World is entitled to say what he feels! As he knew him he can say what he likes we will never know cuz we never knew him like that!!!

But let me add this! Jonny Cocran got OJ off with Murder a bit of Batty theffing aint shit!(excuse the pun)
Michael was a great artist and and great performer! But his personal life was fucked up! Who will ever really know what went on in his head! He had a mental health problem obviously! No one in there right mind f**ks up/disfigures there face like that or bleaches out there skin and then says it’s a disease!

I know what pigmentation diseases looks like because it runs in my family and it happens in small tiny white patches and starts to spread! It’s to do with having Asian Genes in your bloodline! Michael blatantly showed us when he looked in the mirror he hated his reflection and decided to change it to suit what he thought was the ideal! What he thought society wanted! Maybe he wanted to be like Elvis? Who knows!

One thing I do know he never loved himself! And that made me not like him! Black is BEAUTIFUL

thegreatest

July 3, 2009 at 5:15 AM

i dont think Quincy was talking bad..he was just telling the truth! besides michael’s great music history and the iconic role he played in our lives..he still had issues with himself

reena611

July 3, 2009 at 11:44 AM

He wasn’t talking bad about him at all…it is the truth. Michael did what he did to get accepted by whites. People have to understand that Quincy said what he said to clear the air and speak the truth!!!

ClevrTrvor

July 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Questions were asked and answered. I’m not at all mad at Quincy Jones. In fact, I applaud the man’s courage! He spoke his mind and many people may not appreciate what he had to say, but the man spoke the truth as he knows it. Quincy’s close relationship with Mike qualifies him to speak knowledgably about MJ – a man who was a bit of a mystery to us all.

Not much by way of a revelation, though. I remember countless discussions about the album cover when “Bad” was released. Anyone who saw it knew MJ had some race issues. The man chemically peeled away his complexion ’til the white meat shone through, much like one would de-bark a damn tree! Maybe MJ didn’t have a problem with being a black man, maybe he just wanted to be a fairer-skinned black man. Oh well. I’m not mad at MJ for living his dream. In his quest to be loved by so many, I sincerely hope MJ managed to discover a little love for himself along the way.

“Black or White”, rest peacefully, Mike.

ClevrTrvor

July 3, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Moral of the story: Altering your appearance to look like less of a black man doesn’t make you more of a white one.

Comment page: [1] 2 3 » Show All